at http://miror.slitaz.org there is a terrible activity! how to determine which iso can be the best for my usage. probably in the announcement of each new version? but where can I find the history of such announcements?
is a list of announcement of new versions available?(11 posts) (4 voices)
Little guide to mirror1.slitaz.org/iso/ content.
Historic releases (note date):
- vintage Dec 2007
- v. 1.0 Jul 2009 (with flavors)
- v. 2.0 Jul 2009 (with packages and flavors)
- v. 3.0 Mar 2010 (with packages and flavors)
- v. 4.0 Apr 2012 (with packages and flavors)
- cooking Feb 2014 (with packages and flavors)
- v. 5.0 RC May 2014 (Release Candidates for upcoming 5.0 Release)
- rolling Dec 2014 (with flavors)
In the latest releases you can find:
- slitaz-rolling: continuing of Russian Doll concept (4-in-1 if memory serves me well). It loads one of four SliTaz systems depending on RAM amount installed on your computer;
- slitaz-rolling-10in1: hmm… maybe its regular 4-in-1 (see above) plus 64-bit 4-in-1 plus…? Somewhere here in the Forum I've read short description of 10-in-1;
- slitaz-rolling-core: like 4-in-1 in its maximal version;
- slitaz-rolling-core64: like above but have 64-bit Linux Kernel;
- slitaz-rolling-preinit: don't know, I think users not need this ISO.
You'll find three (or two) files with the same name:
- *.iso: an image;
- *.md5: checksum to check image correctness;
- *.log: log of image building.
Hope someone will correct me.
hi perhaps can a moderator (I was one at the first forum time but did not reconduct this charge in the new) stick this topic? The answer of Aleksej is best and really good and important for all having rarely to look in the mirrors... And he can erase this new msg so that Aleksej (or contributors uploading new ISO's can continue to update that information!
Thanks! I stick this Forum topic.
P.S. Added Pascal's explaination as README file to the iso/rolling/ folder.
(as a) litte ISO for netinstall: see here http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/little-iso-for-net-installation?replies=5#post-34976
I fetched me the 4.0-packages.iso a while ago.It's obviously not the
same as of today.
The question is; is there a packages-diff-file or similar somewhere,
so one would know if it is necessary to download this iso (3GB) once more?
what i meant...lol...is a changelog...I think...lol...
Packages ISO is builded from packages :)
Changes in the packages receipts you can track using our Hg wok (for SliTaz 4.0 aka Stable).
Then, packages are rebuilded, and you can track these actions here (and it is more handy):
Cooker Stable — note "Latest Cook" at the bottom.
Hope it helps!
Yes it helps...thanks a lot
Please comment what did change in following new versions:
slitaz-rolling-core.iso, release from 2015-Mar-01
what did happen?
what are the major changes?
The new version is really very good excepted following bugs:
Pls read this separate message if interesting for you!
You must log in to post.