FULL INSTALL ON A SD CARD I haven't been able to run my full install on sdb3 (see my previous post) I've re-installed SliTaz, change of bootloader (extlinux > grub4dos), installed SliTaz on the bootable partition... Same thing. Here are the last lines of the boot: .../... Freeing unused kernel memory: 592k freed input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/ input/input1 mount: can't read '/etc/fstab' No such file or directory mkdir: can't create directory '/dev': File exists udhcpc: ioctl 0x8933 failed: No such device Currently defined functions: [, [[, ash, awk, bbconfig, beep, blkid, bunzip2, bzcat, cat, chgrp, chmod, chown, chroot, conspy, cp, cpio, cut, dd, df, du, echo, egrep, find, free, grep, gunzip, head, hexdump, ifconfig, insmod, less, ln, losetup, ls, lzcat, md5sum, mkdir, mkmod, mount, mv, nc, ping, pstree, pwd, readahead, reset, rm, rmdir, route, script, sed, setsid, sh, sleep, sort, stat, switch_root, tail, tee, test, tty, udhcpc, umount, unlzma, vi, zcat / # usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci_hcd hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found hub 1-1:1.0: 6 ports detected usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci_hcd hub 2-1:1.0: USB hub found hub 2-1:1.0: 6 ports detected usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd hub 1-1.1:1.0: USB hub found hub 1-1.1:1.0: 4 ports detected usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci_hcd scsi8 : usb-storage 1-1.2:1.0 psmouse serio4: synaptics: serio: Synaptics pass-through port at isa0060/serio4/ input0 input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input2 usb 1-1.6: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci_hcd usb 1-1.1.2: new full-speed USB device number 6 using ehci_hcd scsi 8:0:0:0: Direct Access Nokia S60 1.0 PQ: ANSI: 0 sd 8:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0 sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] 3911680 512-byte logical blocks: (2.00 GB/1.86 GiB) sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] No Caching mode page found sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] No Caching mode page found sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through sdb: sdb1 sdb2 sdb3 sdb4 sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] No Caching mode page found sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through sd 8:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk _ and the system waits here with a cursor blinking. If I hit [Enter]: / # - ls -> /bin /dev /etc init /mnt /proc /sys /tmp - ls /etc -> /etc is empty This file system is not the one of sdb3; it's one created in RAM. My full install boots exactly like when I type noram from the extlinux Command Line, and boot in hacker mode; but my computer has 8GB RAM! My kernel line in extlinux.conf is kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz rw root=/dev/sdb3 kmap=fr-latin1 I tried a full install of SliTaz 4.0 on sdb3... and it works! I really don't understand where can be the problem; something with the kernel? SOUND Not sure I have sound with 5.0-rc1; in boot.log: .../ Setting default mixer volumes... amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory Done alsactl: save_state:1590: No soundcards found... /... And the icon of sound doesn't appear in the upper bar. Sorry, I even don't have an audio CD or a file to test it... TAZPANEL If there is no ethernet connection or connection is not working, TazPanel doesn't give any error messages when recharging the packages.list but displays: Last packages.list is ready to use. Note that next time you recharge the list, a list of differences will be displayed to show new and upgradeable packages. Same with # tazpkg recharge, but displays wget: bad address 'mirror.slitaz.org' before. Would it be possible to have the same way to login in TazPanel than when opening a session (hit [Enter] after Username is entered, and not [Tab])? Just a suggestion. PCMANFM No possibility anymore from menu Tools to - find files (option is not accessible) - open the current folder as root When I open PCManFM from the command line as root, it returns root@slitaz:/home/tux# pcmanfm & (pcmanfm:1605): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken. ** (pcmanfm:1605): WARNING **: terminal sakura isn't known, consider report it to LibFM developers ** (pcmanfm:1605): WARNING **: modules directory is not accessible ** (pcmanfm:1605): WARNING **: modules directory is not accessible but works correctly; no message when I open it as tux: tux@slitaz:~$ pcmanfm & tux@slitaz:~$ QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FILE SYSTEM OF A LIVE CD: OF A LIVE USB boot/ --- grub/ boot/ --- grub/ | | +- isolinux/ +- extlinux/ | | +- bzImage +- bzImage | | +- ipxe +- rootfs1.gz | | +- memtest +- rootfs2.gz | | +- rootfs1.gz +- rootfs3.gz | | +- rootfs2.gz +- rootfs4.gz | +- rootfs3.gz | +- rootfs4.gz | +- vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz why on a LiveUSB there are - no ipxe file, yet the menu Web Boot exists and the package ipxe is present in My packages; need to do tazpkg recharge --forced (was already the case with previous stable versions of SliTaz) - no memtest file, yet menu Check memory exists - and no vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz (what is exactly the difference between bzImage and vmlinuz-3.2.53-slitaz?) - why the boot.cat file does exist ONLY in a LiveCD and not in a LiveUSB or install? WHEN SLITAZ HAS BEEN BOOTED FROM - a LiveCD: there is no /boot directory - a LiveUSB: the /boot directory is in /home. Because in extlinux.conf home=uuid-of-the-sd-card and doesn't correspond to a partition but all the media? EXTLINUX Does someone know a simple way to run something installed on a different partition that this one where extlinux is installed on? ie: sdb2 is the bootable partition with extlinux installed on it; I didn' find anything else that chain extlinux with... extlinux installed on sdb3 too with its own extlinux.conf to start the full install on sdb3. No possibility to point from extlinux on a partition to another partition like in grub4dos? It seems extlinux knows only run kernels installed on the same partition where it is itself; right? From what I saw, the rootdelay option is now defined in /etc/init.d/bootopts.sh and /sys/module/usb_storage/parameters/delay_use. Does it mean that a rootdelay option in the kernel line of extlinux.conf has no effect?